Monday, February 19, 2007
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Phonewords as a marketing tool
In the Concise Oxford Dictionary, image is described as "the character or reputation of a person or thing as generally perceived". A first impression based on non-verbal communication goes a long way in influencing this perception. Within seconds of meeting you, based on a single observed physical trait or behavior, people will assume to know everything about you (as is explained in the 2003 book Social Psychology by H. Andrew Michener, John D. Delamater, and Daniel J. Myers). Furthermore, according to research by Dr. Albert Mehrabian of UCLA, appearance and body language (visual image) accounts for fifty-five percent of an invaluable first impression.
In short your visual presentation has consequences.
Phonewords can change your business number into an instantly recognized business tool. This makes the lettering system more efficient and easier to remember than a number based system. For example, 1300 DOCTOR is much easier to remember than 1300 362 867. 1300 DOCTOR is a phoneword. Your message becomes sharper, more focused, less cluttered and clearly more memorable.
Since light travels faster than sound or we can think, you are seen before you are heard therefore words are easier to remember than numbers. This is why, before even uttering a word your visual image will say a multitude about you as an individual (your perceived level of intelligence, competence, affability, self-esteem, confidence, power, beliefs and success) and about the organization you represent (its philosophy, culture, and standard of service).
The work world demands making a great first impression and keeping it. To communicate more intuitively day-to-day, start by understanding appearance psychology and non-verbal communication techniques. Doing so can lead to greater professional and personal success. By using phonewords within your business, you can increase your advertising effectiveness by 300% and boost your overall business sales by 30% to 200%.
Here are some of the benefits can be achieved for your business.
1. ADDITIONAL SALES AVENUE - One of the most important benefits of a good toll free phonewords is that it gives you an additional channel to reach more customers and close more sales.
2. IMPROVING CUSTOMER FEEDBACK - One of the most important and often over looked aspects of building a successful business is getting feedback and staying in touch with your clients, prospects, visitors etc. Knowing where visitors or prospects have questions, needs or problems is crucial to keep your business on the right track and growing.
3. BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE - Toll free numbers not only improve customer service but create a strong customer service image and focus and allow for hand holding when unsure customers can talk to a live person.
4. REPEAT AND SECOND HAND MARKETING - A good toll free number is one of the few things you can do to increase word-of-mouth and customer referral marketing as well as repeat customers by making it easier for customers to remember how to reach you or to tell someone else how to reach you.
5. BETTER DOMAIN NAME AVAILABILITY - YourName.com is usually not available. But 1800YourName.com usually is! This also has an added benefit of putting you ahead of even the A's in the alphabetic directory listed_numberings.
6. STRONGER PRESENCE - A good toll free number makes you look larger and more established and creates an image of a good more significant brick and mortar business, which has proven to be a real advantage in online marketing.
7. CUSTOMER FOCUSED IMAGE - Toll free numbers create a professional customer focused image. They show a companies desire to hear from consumers and make it easy for consumers to call and make the company seem more local no matter where they're based.
8. INSTANT BRAND NAME - Just like a good domain name, a good phonewords creates an almost instantly prestigious brand name.
9. CREDIBILITY & PRESTIGE - A good toll free number gives even the smallest start up, an air of credibility and authority. Consumers also trust companies more when they are more accessible. They feel more comfortable knowing they can pick up the phone and talk to someone real.
10. INCREASED RESPONSE RATES - The most tangible and measurable benefit of a great phonewords is an increased response rate to all advertising. If you don't do much advertising it won't make much difference, but if you do any significant amount of advertising a good number can easily increase your response rate by typically 12 to 42 percent and sometimes more. And one third of your advertising can certainly be a lot of money.
If you are interested in a Phonewords for your business visit us at www.phonewords.com.au. Or make further comments at 1300phonewords.blogspot.com/